BSSB.BE intellinews.com 25.05.2018
*The centre for insights in survey research, just published an extensive survey on attitudes in Ukraine and it makes for pretty grim dreading.
To summarise the main results in broad brush strokes, the government of Ukraine has …
BSSB.BE neweasterneurope.eu 24.05.2018
*For the six countries of the Eastern Partnership, or EaP, the sudden collapse of the Soviet Union meant that independence was as much an urgent crisis as it was an overnight opportunity.
This Armenian return to Europe …
BSSB.BE visio-institut.org 23.05.2018
Danube Ex-USSR Europe
*During 1995–2015, Slovenia saw substantial improvements in overall economic freedom. Progress, however, was far from uniform.
- The Travails of Slovene Transitioning
Economic transition is a loaded term. At its most broadly conceived, …
BSSB.BE CaspianReport 22.05.2018
Danube Germany Russia The Baltic USA
*Sea Power: The History and Geopolitics of the World’s Oceans is a companion to The Accidental Admiral, Admiral Stavridis’ earlier best seller that provided many Americans with a basic education in national and …
BSSB.BE 4liberty.eu 22.05.2018
Balkans Danube Ex-USSR Moldova The Baltic Poland
* The second issue of The Visio Journal, which offers several papers analyzing the degree to which the public policies and political institutions of former socialist economies have been supportive of economic …
* Looking ahead at the start of the 21st century, Professor Garton Ash made reference to his vision of the “Renaissance of Asia”, with the United States and the European Union taking their places alongside Asia …
BSSB.BE neweasterneurope.eu 21.05.2018
* For the six countries of the Eastern Partnership, or EaP, the sudden collapse of the Soviet Union meant that independence was as much an urgent crisis as it was an overnight opportunity.
Burdened by the …
BSSB.BE project-syndicate.org 18.05.2018
* Few world regions are more culturally and politically complex than the Balkans. And there may be no clearer illustration of the region’s freighted past and present than the life and legacy.
- And …