BSSB.BE Geopolitical Futures 06.06.2018
* George Friedman discusses how Poland and other European countries are at a point of confrontation with the EU.
The EU Commission this week released its proposed budget for 2021-2027, and with it, likely …
BSSB.BE SEESOX 05.06.2018
Balkans Danube Ex-USSR
* In the face of numerous geopolitical challenges in the neighbourhood, the EU is lacking a sense of orientation, and South East Europe as the frontline region is vulnerable.
SEESOX Seminar Series: South East …
BSSB.BE neweasterneurope.eu 30.05.2018
Danube Ex-USSR Germany The Baltic Poland
* The ruling party has pushed several memory laws related to decommunisation in Poland
The mass renaming of streets reflects the current pulse of identity politics in Europe. France is considering changing …
BSSB.BE Ruptly 29.05.2018
Danube Ex-USSR France Germany Russia USA
*The three-day St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) opens on Thursday, May 24 in Russia’s second largest city with representatives from over 70 countries attending the event.
BSSB.BE intellinews.com 25.05.2018
*The centre for insights in survey research, just published an extensive survey on attitudes in Ukraine and it makes for pretty grim dreading.
To summarise the main results in broad brush strokes, the government of Ukraine has …
BSSB.BE neweasterneurope.eu 24.05.2018
*For the six countries of the Eastern Partnership, or EaP, the sudden collapse of the Soviet Union meant that independence was as much an urgent crisis as it was an overnight opportunity.
This Armenian return to Europe …
BSSB.BE visio-institut.org 23.05.2018
Danube Ex-USSR Europe
*During 1995–2015, Slovenia saw substantial improvements in overall economic freedom. Progress, however, was far from uniform.
- The Travails of Slovene Transitioning
Economic transition is a loaded term. At its most broadly conceived, …
BSSB.BE neweasterneurope.eu 21.05.2018
* For the six countries of the Eastern Partnership, or EaP, the sudden collapse of the Soviet Union meant that independence was as much an urgent crisis as it was an overnight opportunity.
Burdened by the …