BSSB.BE neweasterneurope.eu 24.05.2018
*For the six countries of the Eastern Partnership, or EaP, the sudden collapse of the Soviet Union meant that independence was as much an urgent crisis as it was an overnight opportunity.
This Armenian return to Europe …
BSSB.BE visio-institut.org 23.05.2018
Danube Ex-USSR Europe
*During 1995–2015, Slovenia saw substantial improvements in overall economic freedom. Progress, however, was far from uniform.
- The Travails of Slovene Transitioning
Economic transition is a loaded term. At its most broadly conceived, …
BSSB.BE CaspianReport 22.05.2018
Danube Germany Russia The Baltic USA
*Sea Power: The History and Geopolitics of the World’s Oceans is a companion to The Accidental Admiral, Admiral Stavridis’ earlier best seller that provided many Americans with a basic education in national and …
BSSB.BE 4liberty.eu 22.05.2018
Balkans Danube Ex-USSR Moldova The Baltic Poland
* The second issue of The Visio Journal, which offers several papers analyzing the degree to which the public policies and political institutions of former socialist economies have been supportive of economic …
BSSB.BE neweasterneurope.eu 21.05.2018
* For the six countries of the Eastern Partnership, or EaP, the sudden collapse of the Soviet Union meant that independence was as much an urgent crisis as it was an overnight opportunity.
Burdened by the …
BSSB.BE intellinews.com/ 18.05.2018
Balkans Danube Moldova
* Bloody oligarch might be caught
The court in Moscow’s Basmanny district has endorsed investigators’ request for an arrest warrant for the president of the Democratic Party of Moldova Vlad Plahotniuc.
The Moldovan …
BSSB.BE moldovanpolitics.com 16.05.2018
Balkans Danube Ex-USSR
*Moldovan Politics:“… is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
Nine years ago, this civil unrest led to the demise of …
BSSB.BE gefira.org 14.05.2018
Balkans Danube Ex-USSR
* United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres present his report on “Making Migration Work for All” with his Special Representative for International Migration Louise Arbour.
The United Nations has launched a migration report …
BSSB.BE intellinews.com 14.05.2018
Danube EX-USSR Europe
* Ukraine faces growing debt repayment pressure in 2018-2020
In 2015, then finance minister Natalie Jaresko managed to persuade Ukraine’s creditors to restructure the country’s debt and delay payments by four years. That postponement is about to …