BSSB.BE Ruptly 29.05.2018
Danube Ex-USSR France Germany Russia USA
*The three-day St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) opens on Thursday, May 24 in Russia’s second largest city with representatives from over 70 countries attending the event.
BSSB.BE laender-analysen.de 28.05.2018
* Four years of conflict in Ukraine leave 4.4 million people in a dire humanitarian situation
- OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM): Status Report, 2 May 2018 • Between 16 and 29 …
BSSB.BE Central European University 28.05.2018
Balkans Ex-USSR Germany
* Robert Kaplan, author of “The Revenge of Geography,” brilliantly explains the theory of geopolitics, but fails to apply it convincingly.
The analytical discipline of geopolitics is the Kate Moss of …
BSSB.BE neweasterneurope.eu 24.05.2018
*For the six countries of the Eastern Partnership, or EaP, the sudden collapse of the Soviet Union meant that independence was as much an urgent crisis as it was an overnight opportunity.
This Armenian return to Europe …
BSSB.BE visio-institut.org 23.05.2018
Danube Ex-USSR Europe
*During 1995–2015, Slovenia saw substantial improvements in overall economic freedom. Progress, however, was far from uniform.
- The Travails of Slovene Transitioning
Economic transition is a loaded term. At its most broadly conceived, …
BSSB.BE CaspianReport 22.05.2018
Danube Germany Russia The Baltic USA
*Sea Power: The History and Geopolitics of the World’s Oceans is a companion to The Accidental Admiral, Admiral Stavridis’ earlier best seller that provided many Americans with a basic education in national and …
BSSB.BE 4liberty.eu 22.05.2018
Balkans Danube Ex-USSR Moldova The Baltic Poland
* The second issue of The Visio Journal, which offers several papers analyzing the degree to which the public policies and political institutions of former socialist economies have been supportive of economic …
* Looking ahead at the start of the 21st century, Professor Garton Ash made reference to his vision of the “Renaissance of Asia”, with the United States and the European Union taking their places alongside Asia …
BSSB.BE neweasterneurope.eu 21.05.2018
* For the six countries of the Eastern Partnership, or EaP, the sudden collapse of the Soviet Union meant that independence was as much an urgent crisis as it was an overnight opportunity.
Burdened by the …