BSSB.BE politico.eu 21.06.2018
Balkans Ex-USSR Germany
* The June summit now stands to pose the toughest test yet of Council President Donald Tusk’s pledge.
If it’s a big, controversial issue in Europe, it’s probably on the agenda for the June …
BSSB.BE Stratfor 21.06.2018
Balkans Danube Ex-USSR Germany
* Forecasting global trends and developments can prove challenging even when you have the best information available
Stratfor leverages the study of applied geopolitics, tools of intelligence analysis and public report cards on …
BSSB.BE youtube.com 20.06.2018
* CLAPPER explains how we’ve been constantly manipulated
James Clapper: Geopolitical Relationships and the Battle for Information
James Clapper briefly discusses national intelligence. A synopsis of his background is also given, including his …
BSSB.BE journal-neo.org 20.06.2018
* Zbigniew Brzezinski, born in Warsaw in the 1920s, was one of the most ifluential foreign policy advisers in the US, who also played a pivotal role in the drive towards further global integration.
Brzezinski earned his Ph.D. from Harvard …
BSSB.BE foreignpolicy.com 19.06.2018
Balkans Germany Europe
* Greece’s prime minister, together with his partner in Macedonia, has created a model for solving identity clashes across the globe.
The two leaders who deserve the Nobel Peace Prize did not meet this week …
BSSB.BE intellinews.com 19.06.2018
Balkans Danube Ex-USSR
* A Political Ghost Story” succeeds remarkably in combining a subtle and gentle tone with a strong and relevant message.
This HBO-commissioned piece is touring the festival circuit, including with its most recent sold-out screenings at …
BSSB.BE ecfr.eu 18.06.2018
* Power words: Europe’s stake in the Macedonian name dispute
By actively supporting Macedonia and Greece to settle their name conflict, the EU could energise other countries of the Western Balkans to engage in democratic …
BSSB.BE World Economic Forum 18.06.2018
Balkans Europe Ex-USSR Germany
* Geography is not destiny, but it may be the best starting point for understanding world politics.
In a world of shifting alliances and divides, how are geography and the history …
BSSB.BE opendemocracy.net 15.06.2018
Balkans Ex-USSR Germany
* There’s lessons to be learned on populism from new initiatives in Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.
The growing tide of populism in the west is a symptom of failing representative democracy. Current political systems increasingly …