Moldova. The scheme of the “robbery of the century”
BSSB.BE jurnal.md/ 20.07.2016
* The scheme of the “robbery of the century” applied again or how the money we pay for electricity reach offshores; “We are ready to provide evidence to the PG in order to request Candu&#
The scheme used to defraud the three Moldovan banks is used again! Victoriabank and the interim company from Tiraspol, Energokapital embezzle the millions of USD paid by the consumers for electricity. Therefore, Moldovagaz recorded a loss of USD 258 million in 2015 because the separatists don’t pay for the gas used to produce electricity.
The volume of losses was calculated by the economic experts Sergiu Tofilat and Victor Parlicov who asked the authorities to investigate this scheme which endangers Moldova’s security.
- The scandal related to Energokapital, company from Tiraspol which intermediates the process of electricity supply from the Power Plant Cuciurgan since 2014, has intensified after an investigator from the left side of Dniester river said that this company withdrew from Transnistria more than USD 19 million as dividends.
- The money would have been invested in an offshore company in Hong-Kong, and the entire operation has been facilitated by Victoriabank in Chisinau.
- “The account of this offshore company (Ornamental Art Limited) is opened in a Latvian bank that was penalized for money laundering and involvement in suspicious transactions.
- Unibank shares were purchased through this bank and it also appears in the Kroll report. Thus, the scheme used to steal the billion is now used to embezzle the money paid by the consumers for electricity”, said Sergiu Tofilat.
Experts claim that this scheme was possible only with the support of the authorities in Chisinau.
“Energokapital was registered in October 2014 in Chisinau and received the authorization in a record time. The delivery contract is signed by Energocom, company subordinated to the Ministry of Economy.
Candu was the minister of Economy in 2014. We are willing to provide all the evidence to the Prosecutor General so he requests the withdrawal of Adrian Candu’s immunity in the Parliament”, added Sergiu Tofilat.
Further on, the competent authorities should urgently collect all the documents from Victoriabank and investigate where do the money paid by the Moldovan consumers for electricity go, said the experts.
“There are new proofs, copies of the Victoriabank payment devices. We ask the competent authorities, the National Bank of Moldova, the National Anticorruption Center, the General Prosecutor’s Office, the Security and Intelligence Service, to check if withdrawing money in offshores complies with the law on counteracting money laundering, to check who is behind these transactions and announce the final beneficiaries of these middlemen”, said Victor Parlicov.
In his revelations, the investigator from Tiraspol, Alexandr Harcicov, referred to the direct involvement of the Tiraspol leader, Yevgeniy Shevchuk, but his guilt should be proven by the investigation institutions. The economic experts from Chisinau also confirmed that Shevchuk would have been involved in these deals, as well as the Deputy Chairman of the Democratic Party, Vladimir Plahotniuc. The oligarch didn’t comment the allegations.
We mention that “Energokapital” has sued “Energocom” on grounds that the state company from Chisinau would have accumulated debts during February-August 2015, which attracted penalties, interest, and damages. However, the State Enterprise “Energocom” is not admitting these calculations and qualifies them as unfounded.
Euroscepticism Geopolitics Power Europa USA Army Conflicts Crisis Youtube
* Youtube – Third-Quarter Forecast 2016 – Stratfor Vice President of Global Analysis Reva Goujon explains how post-Brexit anxiety in the global economy will fragment Europe and how the US-Russia standoff will play out in the Middle East.
- Youtube –The geopolitics of today’s world
* Youtube – Noam Chomsky full length interview: Who rules the world now? Cathy Newman’s full interview with Philosopher Noam Chomsky. From Trump and Clinton, to climate change, Brexit and TPP, America’s foremost intellectuals presents his views on who rules the world today.