USA. Ex-Senators John Breaux and Trent Lott are to lobby for Gazprombank
gazeta.ru bssb.be 04.09.2014
Two ex-US Senators – Trent Lott and John Breaux – are going to lobby for the interests of Gazprombank. This is stated in the document on the website of United States Senate.
Ex-Senators represent a Squire Patton Boggs law company; they will be engaged in lobbying for banking laws and regulations, including the sanctions used.
Breaux and Lott used to belong to the United States Senate from the late 1980s until the mid-2000s.
On July, 16 the United States imposed sanctions against Gazmprombank as well as against a number of other Russian companies.
Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 (Section 4)
Check One: New Registrant New Client for Existing Registrant Amendment
|1. Effective Date of Registration||08/29/2014|
|2. House Identification||31917||Senate Identification||30906|
REGISTRANT Organization/Lobbying Firm Self Employed Individual
|3. Registrant||Organization||Squire Patton Boggs|
|Address||2550 M STREET, NW||Address2|
4. Principal place of business (if different than line 3)
|5. Contact name and telephone number||International Number|
|Contact||Mr. James B. Christian||Telephone||2024576484||[email protected]|
6. General description of registrant’s business or activities
CLIENT A Lobbying Firm is required to file a separate registration for each client. Organizations employing in-house lobbyists should check the box labeled “Self” and proceed to line 10.Self
|7. Client name||Gazprombank GPB (OJSC)|
|Address||16, Bldg., 1 Nametkina Street|
8. Principal place of business (if different than line 7)
9. General description of client’s business or activities
Financial institution that delivers a wide range of banking and investment services.
10. Name of each individual who has acted or is expected to act as a lobbyist for the client identified on line 7. If any person listed in this section has served as a “covered executive branch official” or “covered legislative branch official” within twenty years of first acting as a lobbyist for the client, state the executive and/or legislative position(s) in which the person served.
|Name||Covered Official Position (if applicable)|
|John||Breaux||USCongress 9/1972-01/1987;USSenate 01/1987-01/2005|
11. General lobbying issue areas (Select all applicable codes).
12. Specific lobbying issues (current and anticipated)
Banking laws and regulations including applicable sanctions.
13. Is there an entity other than the client that contributes more than $5,000 to the lobbying activities of the registrant in a quarterly period and either actively participates in and/or in whole or in major part supervises, plans, or controls the registrant’s lobbying activities?
|No –> Go to line 14.||Yes –> Complete the rest of this section for each entity matching the criteria above, then proceed to line 14.|
|Name||Address||Principal Place of Business|
14. Is there any foreign entity
a) holds at least 20% equitable ownership in the client or any organization identified on line 13; or
b) directly or indirectly, in whole or in major part, plans, supervises, controls, directs, finances or subsidizes activities of the client or any organization identified on line 13; or
c) is an affiliate of the client or any organization identified on line 13 and has a direct interest in the outcome of the lobbying activity?
|No –> Sign and date the registration.||Yes –> Complete the rest of this section for each entity matching the criteria above, then sign the registration.|
|Name||Street||Principal place of business||Amount of contribution|
|(city and state or country)||for lobbying activities|
|Signature||Digitally Signed By: James B. Christian, Partner||Date||08/29/2014|