Sevastopol. A Hero City
A key battle on the eastern front, the Siege of Sevastopol proved to be a costly victory for the German Army. Hoping for a quick conclusion, German and Romanian forces soon found themselves conducting a bloody siege that lasted from October 30, 1941 until July 4, 1942.
Sevastopol was named a Hero City by Stalin on May 1, 1945
Siege of SevastopolHeroic members of the Red Army and Soviet Black Sea Fleet fought courageously, and despite daily bombardment by the Luftwaffe and German artillery (including the 1,350 tonne Schwerer Gustav railroad cannon), they managed to hold out for 250 days.
In the end, the heavily fortified Black Sea port finally fell, but not before consuming huge amounts of enemy munitions, men, petrol and time, all of which were sorely needed for the German’s 1942 summer offensive, Operation Blue.
Geopolitics Nations Crisis
- eurasiareview.com – Is Moldova a twin of Ukraine? – The political crisis in Moldova goes back to 2005 when the country had become a part of the Associations Agreement with the European Union. According to Iuri Vitneanschi, a city council member, “the Moldavian people were brainwashed by the pro-European propaganda while the government announced a pro-European political course for the country”. However, the reality the reality proved to be different from promising slogans.
- voltairenet.org/ – Multipolar world with media hegemony? – States struggling against imperialism are probably not sufficiently aware of the importance of having non-aligned media. Yet, obviously, Russia Today, Press TV, Telesur and Al Mayadeen are better at defending freedom than other weapons. For these are indeed weapons we are talking about. The first magic tool that the US uses for world domination is the dollar. The word “magic” is not just hyperbole; the dollar is indeed a magical creation since the Federal Reserve can create unlimited amounts in its computers, and the world sees these dollars as having an effective value, with an ulterior motive: petrodollars.
- stratfor.com/analysis/ – Who will get Moldova. A Roulette Wheel – Like Ukraine, Moldova is both weak and divided. Unlike Ukraine, Moldova does not have traditional or ethnic ties to Russia; it is ethnically and linguistically Romanian. This, along with Moldova’s small size and strategic location, is a main factor in the weakness of the state and its ability to balance between external power
Almost 12 months on from Maidan… Destruction of Ukraine – 1... 21.11.2014 | BSSB
Kiew. A Hero City 15.04.2016 | BSSB
Ukraine. The error paid by blood 05.10.2014 | BSSB
Minsk. A Hero City 20.04.2016 | BSSB
Spring of life 28.04.2015 | BSSB
Liberation of Belarus 13.04.2016 | BSSB
Defiance. Video 22.04.2015 | BSSB
WWII «We should never forget» 25.04.2017 | BSSB
Siege of Leningrad 12.04.2016 | BSSB
30 April 1945 30.04.2015 | BSSB
Wargaming Russia’s Military Options in Ukraine... 13.03.2015 | BSSB
Did WWI Lead to WWII? 24.04.2017 | BSSB
- 1. Ukraine: a pretty grim picture 25.05.2018
- Outsider for Italy 25.05.2018
- East-European Bridge 24.05.2018
- One of the oldest videos ever 24.05.2018
- Eastern Europe Vs. Western Europe 23.05.2018
- 1. Slovenia: Basic Forward, Basic Back 23.05.2018
- Sea Power 22.05.2018
- Eastern Europe 25 Years 22.05.2018
- Reflecting on where the EU came from 21.05.2018
- 1. East European Bridge 21.05.2018
- The Balkans and the magnetic poles around 18.05.2018
- Meanwhile in Moldova 18.05.2018
- The “unionization” of debt 17.05.2018
- Chomsky on an urgent question 17.05.2018
- About the Future of Europe 16.05.2018