Stalingrad. A Hero City
The Battle of Stalingrad was a decisive turning point in World War 2 in Europe. The onset of the battle (July 1942) saw German forces on a full scale offensive, while the ensuing surrender of the German 6th Army in Stalingrad (February 2, 1943), was the beginning of the end for Hitler.
Stalingrad was named a Hero City by Stalin on May 1, 1945
While there are no statistics with the exact death toll of the battle, estimates put casualty numbers at 1.5 to 2.5 million soldiers and civilians, making it one of the bloodiest battles of all time.
* * *
Historians tell us that the Battle of Stalingrad was the deadliest in history. This documentary, made in 1962, incorporates historical footage captured during the fighting. Made in the Soviet Union, the film is dubbed in English.
It is called “The Great Battle on the Volga” (instead of the Battle of Stalingrad) because it was made during the Khrushchev era (when Stalin was regarded with disfavor in the USSR).
The Great Battle on the Volga (1962), produced by Central Documentary Film Studio and Artkino Pictur.
Geopolitics Nations Crisis
- eurasiareview.com – Is Moldova a twin of Ukraine? – The political crisis in Moldova goes back to 2005 when the country had become a part of the Associations Agreement with the European Union. According to Iuri Vitneanschi, a city council member, “the Moldavian people were brainwashed by the pro-European propaganda while the government announced a pro-European political course for the country”. However, the reality the reality proved to be different from promising slogans.
- voltairenet.org/ – Multipolar world with media hegemony? – States struggling against imperialism are probably not sufficiently aware of the importance of having non-aligned media. Yet, obviously, Russia Today, Press TV, Telesur and Al Mayadeen are better at defending freedom than other weapons. For these are indeed weapons we are talking about. The first magic tool that the US uses for world domination is the dollar. The word “magic” is not just hyperbole; the dollar is indeed a magical creation since the Federal Reserve can create unlimited amounts in its computers, and the world sees these dollars as having an effective value, with an ulterior motive: petrodollars.
- com/analysis/ – Who will get Moldova. A Roulette Wheel – Like Ukraine, Moldova is both weak and divided. Unlike Ukraine, Moldova does not have traditional or ethnic ties to Russia; it is ethnically and linguistically Romanian. This, along with Moldova’s small size and strategic location, is a main factor in the weakness of the state and its ability to balance between external power
WWII «We should never forget» 25.04.2017 | BSSB
Kerch. A Hero City 26.04.2016 | BSSB
TEARS OF HAPPINESS! The End of the War in Europe... 09.05.2017 | BSSB
Victory Day 09.05.2016 | BSSB
Sevastopol. A Hero City 19.04.2016 | BSSB
Did WWI Lead to WWII? 24.04.2017 | BSSB
1 – WWII: the Soviets Defeat the Germans 26.04.2017 | BSSB
May 9: with tears of happiness 09.05.2018 | BSSB
Smolensk. A Hero City 29.04.2016 | BSSB
WWII: it began with censorship chaos 25.04.2017 | BSSB
Liberation of Belarus 13.04.2016 | BSSB
World War II. The End Game 27.04.2016 | BSSB
- 2. New European Security 21.09.2018
- Geopolitics of Poland 21.09.2018
- A New Cold War? 20.09.2018
- 1. The Western Balkans: No time for optimism 20.09.2018
- Ukraine: YES Annual Meeting 19.09.2018
- 1. Bessarabia’s History 19.09.2018
- 1. The ‘German paradox’ 18.09.2018
- Europe in a global world 18.09.2018
- 1. New European Security 17.09.2018
- The New World Order 17.09.2018
- 1. Ukrainian and European Populism 14.09.2018
- Ukraine: welcome to the financial hole 13.09.2018
- What Can Europe Teach Us? 13.09.2018
- Real people from Balkans 12.09.2018
- Hungary does not give up that easy 11.09.2018