Moldova. New Prime Minister Appointed
BSSB.BE occrp.org 03.11.2015
The president of Moldova appointed an interim prime minister on Friday, after the country’s parliament voted to dismiss a Government led by the Liberal-Democrat Valeriu Strelet.
The former government was ousted in a no-confidence vote last week, crumbling in the face of corruption allegations.
President Nicolae Timofti appointed deputy prime minister Gheorghe Brega as interim premier until a new government can be put in place.
The Parliament of the Republic of Moldova is made up of 101 seats.
The proposal to dismiss Strelet’s government, put forward by Moldova’s Socialist and Communist parties, passed with 65 votes in favor.
After the dismissal of his government, Strelet told journalists: “The so-called corruption allegations [are] false and baseless.”
Strelet had been accused by political opponents of wasting time defending former premier Vlad Filat, who was arrested Oct. 15 in connection with the theft of US$ 1.5 billion from three of the country’s banks in 2014 (an event dubbed by media “the theft of the century”).
Prosecutors say Filat could face up to 10 years in prison. He is being held in custody while investigations continue, and denies wrongdoing.
Gheorghe Bregha, member of Moldova’s Liberal Party, has been an MP since 2009.
A new government must be approved by Parliament within three months.
Tagsdeputy prime minister dismiss Strelet’s government Fuel for the firing Gheorghe Brega Gheorghe Bregha Gray Eminence member of Moldova’s Liberal Party Moldova Moldova's Liberal Democratic Party National Anti-Corruption Centre near parliament pro-European Red Flags Socialist and Communist parties the capital’s National Square the civic platform Dignity and Justice the EU the Moldovan National Bank vice chairman Vlad Plahotniuc “Theft of the Century ” distant future
1 – MOLDOVAN ELECTIONS I: SETTING THE STAGE... 06.10.2016 | BSSB
Moldova becomes «mixed» 22.05.2017 | BSSB
2 – Freedom House about Moldova 09.09.2016 | BSSB
Election in Moldova or personal pride 21.09.2016 | BSSB
The Dark Side of International Finance 04.08.2015 | BSSB
2. HOW THE WEST LOST MOLDOVA 05.10.2017 | BSSB
The EU. Nice plan, bad implementation 17.08.2017 | BSSB
Moldova. A state subordinated to “Plaha”... 20.09.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. Reaction of Patria party to the decision of the Appeals Chamber... 28.11.2014 | BSSB
1. Eastern Partnership: expectations VS reality... 28.11.2017 | BSSB
Future of Europe. The view from 2020 28.12.2016 | BSSB
Turkey’s Moldova step by step 11.10.2017 | BSSB
- Lets talk about Europe 25.04.2018
- 1. The Western Balkans: price of democracy 25.04.2018
- Managing the Enlightenment 24.04.2018
- JAMES RICKARDS: Watch out 24.04.2018
- Moldova. Final bank-sale 23.04.2018
- Horizons of dispolitics 23.04.2018
- 2. Bad game in the European Globalisation 20.04.2018
- What Central and Eastern Europe can /can not? 19.04.2018
- The European budget talks 18.04.2018
- Preventing International Conflict 17.04.2018
- 2.The wrong buttons for Balkans 17.04.2018
- 1. Bad game in the European Globalisation 16.04.2018
- The Gift of Geopolitics 16.04.2018
- 1. The wrong buttons for Balkans 13.04.2018
- The Geopolitical Map in 2030 13.04.2018