Moldova. New Prime Minister Appointed
BSSB.BE occrp.org 03.11.2015
The president of Moldova appointed an interim prime minister on Friday, after the country’s parliament voted to dismiss a Government led by the Liberal-Democrat Valeriu Strelet.
The former government was ousted in a no-confidence vote last week, crumbling in the face of corruption allegations.
President Nicolae Timofti appointed deputy prime minister Gheorghe Brega as interim premier until a new government can be put in place.
The Parliament of the Republic of Moldova is made up of 101 seats.
The proposal to dismiss Strelet’s government, put forward by Moldova’s Socialist and Communist parties, passed with 65 votes in favor.
After the dismissal of his government, Strelet told journalists: “The so-called corruption allegations [are] false and baseless.”
Strelet had been accused by political opponents of wasting time defending former premier Vlad Filat, who was arrested Oct. 15 in connection with the theft of US$ 1.5 billion from three of the country’s banks in 2014 (an event dubbed by media “the theft of the century”).
Prosecutors say Filat could face up to 10 years in prison. He is being held in custody while investigations continue, and denies wrongdoing.
Gheorghe Bregha, member of Moldova’s Liberal Party, has been an MP since 2009.
A new government must be approved by Parliament within three months.
Tagsdeputy prime minister dismiss Strelet’s government Fuel for the firing Gheorghe Brega Gheorghe Bregha Gray Eminence member of Moldova’s Liberal Party Moldova Moldova's Liberal Democratic Party National Anti-Corruption Centre near parliament pro-European Red Flags Socialist and Communist parties the capital’s National Square the civic platform Dignity and Justice the EU the Moldovan National Bank vice chairman Vlad Plahotniuc “Theft of the Century ” distant future
Moldova. The 22nd place in the world 15.12.2015 | BSSB
Belarus. Which candidate’s program suits you?... 23.09.2015 | BSSB
2 – War of roses in Moldova 01.02.2016 | BSSB
1 – Danger zone in Moldova 05.09.2016 | BSSB
1 – MOLDOVAN ELECTIONS I: SETTING THE STAGE... 06.10.2016 | BSSB
Crisis Takes Moldova 23.10.2015 | BSSB
Moldova: The Billion Dollar Question 23.10.2015 | BSSB
Moldova. Survey. Putin’s opinion is out front, 57%. Poroshenko and Obama – l... 26.11.2014 | BSSB
1 – Moldova’s star: shining or falling?... 14.09.2016 | BSSB
Future of Moldova in a crystal ball 28.10.2016 | BSSB
1 – RM. Keeps on falling 01.09.2016 | BSSB
Moldova and Romania. Too painful to be together... 18.04.2016 | BSSB
- 1. Ukrainian authorities / Ukrainian saboteurs 23.01.2018
- 2. Eurocrisis. Let`s count 1,2,3 22.01.2018
- 2. Keep your eyes opened in 2018 22.01.2018
- 1. Eurocrisis. Let`s count 1,2,3 19.01.2018
- Turkish Factor for Europe 19.01.2018
- 1. Keep your eyes opened in 2018 18.01.2018
- 2. A land where we live well and happily 18.01.2018
- Poland and the EU is a “lose-lose” situation 17.01.2018
- A land where we live well and happily 17.01.2018
- 2. Churchill and the bitter truth 16.01.2018
- 1. Churchill and the bitter truth 15.01.2018
- Lust&Sound in the EU 15.01.2018
- 2. Ukraine: a quasi-authoritarian kleptocracy 12.01.2018
- Will the South fight against the EU? 12.01.2018
- 1. Ukraine: a quasi-authoritarian kleptocracy 11.01.2018