Moldova. It is never too late to say “NO”
BSSB.BE moldova.org 31.03.2016
*Electoral Commission of Moldova rejected the initiative of a constitutional referendum
On March 30th, the Central Electoral Commission (CEC) of Moldova rejected the proposal of Platform “Dignity and Truth” of organizing a national referendum for modifying the Constitution. The decision was taken with six votes for, one against and one abstention. The abstained member, Ștefan Urâtu, will make a statement soon.
- The cause provided by the commissioners for the rejections is that the proposal didn’t meet the requirements of the Constitution itself.
- According to CEC, 405 thousands signatures were collected in the entire Moldova, but the condition of collecting “at least 20 thousands signatures from at least half of the administrative units of second level”.
Iurie Ciocan, the head of CEC, declared that only three units, Chișinău (42444), Bălți (24359) and Orhei (22160), got the necessary number of signatures.
“In other administrative units, the number of signatures was smaller than that stipulated by the Constitution”, stated Ciocan.
The session of CEC lasted for two hours and was even suspended, after several intense discussions.
- The members of the initiative were claiming that the decision doesn’t correspond to the reality. According to them, the Constitution referred to the form of the Republic in 1999, when Moldova had 12 districts, while now it has 39 units, from each it is nearly impossible to collect so many signatures.
- The project of changing the Constitution was thus signed by 405 thousand people, more than the 200 000 needed.
The leader of the Platform “Dignity and Truth” Party, Andrei Năstase, declared that CEC’s decision is a political one:
“More than 400 thousands signatures were collected in three months in extremely difficult conditions throughout the country. CEC had to choose between the willing of the so-called government and the desire of people. CEC ignored the Constitution and chose to satisfy the willing of Plahotniuc. Now, in this situation, we have to call the country to come to a large protest”, said Năstase.
The proposal of changing the Constitution made by the Platform includes changing the method of election of the President, changing the number of deputies from 101 to 71 and lifting the protection of the MPs.
Geopolitics Nations Crisis
- eurasiareview.com – Is Moldova a twin of Ukraine? – The political crisis in Moldova goes back to 2005 when the country had become a part of the Associations Agreement with the European Union. According to Iuri Vitneanschi, a city council member, “the Moldavian people were brainwashed by the pro-European propaganda while the government announced a pro-European political course for the country”. However, the reality the reality proved to be different from promising slogans.
- voltairenet.org/ – Multipolar world with media hegemony? – States struggling against imperialism are probably not sufficiently aware of the importance of having non-aligned media. Yet, obviously, Russia Today, Press TV, Telesur and Al Mayadeen are better at defending freedom than other weapons. For these are indeed weapons we are talking about. The first magic tool that the US uses for world domination is the dollar. The word “magic” is not just hyperbole; the dollar is indeed a magical creation since the Federal Reserve can create unlimited amounts in its computers, and the world sees these dollars as having an effective value, with an ulterior motive: petrodollars.
- stratfor.com/analysis/ – Who will get Moldova. A Roulette Wheel – Like Ukraine, Moldova is both weak and divided. Unlike Ukraine, Moldova does not have traditional or ethnic ties to Russia; it is ethnically and linguistically Romanian. This, along with Moldova’s small size and strategic location, is a main factor in the weakness of the state and its ability to balance between external powers.
Moldova. Survey. Putin’s opinion is out front, 57%. Poroshenko and Obama – l... 26.11.2014 | BSSB
Moldova. One president with two heads 12.10.2016 | BSSB
1.Moldova: in the grey zone of Europe 13.03.2018 | BSSB
Moldova. Is there a chance for changing? 12.09.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. Electoral Polls – Round II 08.11.2016 | BSSB
Moldova seen by European partners 28.07.2015 | BSSB
1 – Moldova. A shot guide 05.09.2016 | BSSB
2 – Moldova`s Snap Elections 10.03.2016 | BSSB
2 – Colourful or Colourless Protests? 28.01.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. Chronicles of one election 14.11.2016 | BSSB
1 – Engineering Moldovan 28.10.2016 | BSSB
2 – Moldova’s presidential race isn’t over yet... 09.11.2016 | BSSB
- Modern Diplomacy and Geopolitics 19.10.2018
- The Baltics are under surveillance 19.10.2018
- Fuelling the Future 18.10.2018
- The fate of the West 18.10.2018
- The Future of European Geostrategy 17.10.2018
- 2. The Three Seas summit 17.10.2018
- Moral standards threatens EU 16.10.2018
- Eastern Europe is showing the way 15.10.2018
- „AFTER EUROPE“? 12.10.2018
- Ukraine: five more years of hope 12.10.2018
- Burning questions on Italy 11.10.2018
- Poland is changing 11.10.2018
- The measure of ideology in the EU 10.10.2018
- At a time of structural change 09.10.2018
- 1. The Three Seas summit 09.10.2018