Who becomes Chisinau mayor – Poll
BSSB.BE http://www.infotag.md 05.06.2015
PSRM candidate for Chisinau Mayor Zinaida Grechanaya has the greatest chances to win local elections, shows the opinion poll conducted by the Independent Information Social Center by order of the Kommersant-Info newspaper.
Sociologist Svetlana Nesterova said during Wednesday’s news conference at Infotag that the poll has been conducted within the period of 15-29 May in Chisinau and the adjacent localities among 1189 respondents. The error rate is ± 2.7%.
“The poll aims at revealing socio-political and economic problems the Moldovan population is concerned about. The solution for many of these problems depends on who will be elected to the position of Chisinau Mayor”, she said.
To the question who have the greatest chances to win at June 14 elections, 43.7% of people said that it is Grechanaya, 34.1% – the current Mayor Dorin Chirtoaca (LP), 16.7% – political scientist Oazu Nantoi (“European People’s Platform of Moldova (EPPM) – Iurie Leanca”), 5.6% – Ilian Casu (Partidul Nostru) and 5.4% – Accounts Chamber Head Serafim Urechean (PLDM).
30.3% of respondents expressed complete trust to Grechanaya, 23.6% – to Chirtoaca, 9.1% – Nantoi and 7.6% – to Casu. At the same time, Urechean is not trust at all by 51.2% of interviewees, Nantoi – 36.8%, Vasile Chirtoca (MCP) – 36.3% and Grigore Petrenco – 35.8%.
“The most important qualities for Chisinau Mayor are responsibility and work in compliance with law – around 80%, integrity – 60%. Professionalism and competence – 57.4%, ability to handle economic affairs – 55.5%”, the sociologist said.
Among parties, the most trusted by Chisinau citizens is the PSRM – 43.1%, LP – 18.2%, MCP – 7.3%, LDPM – 5.2% and DP – 1.8%.
According to the poll, 46.3% of the interviewees regard the socio-political situation in Chisinau as tensed, 27% said there are problems but nothing critical happens while 23% said that the situation is explosive, critical.
The sociologist Tamara Popova said that many respondents expressed the idea to select three or four city governors, who would be engaged in separate activities. For example Vasile Chirtoca – in solving general issues, Monica Babuc – social, Zinaida Grechanaya – economic, Serafim Urechean – infrastructural issues.
The poll showed that 55% of citizens are standing for Moldova’s joining the Eurasian Economic Union (EAES), 33.2% – into the EU. 72.3% people would prefer that Moldova to remain a neutral state and around 70% are against country’s joining the NATO.
2 – Trade and geopolitics 10.04.2015 | BSSB
USA. 1. woman in 200 years or Hillary`s apples... 04.11.2016 | BSSB
2. Eastern Partnership: expectations VS reality... 30.11.2017 | BSSB
1 – Trade and Geopolitics 09.04.2015 | BSSB
1. The EU: it`s all about numbers 23.05.2017 | BSSB
2 – Election in the USA. America’s old boys’ club is dead... 04.11.2016 | BSSB
2. The EU: it`s all about numbers 24.05.2017 | BSSB
Belarus. Improved election process 23.09.2015 | BSSB
USA. Most Trump, why not? 02.11.2016 | BSSB
The Bulgarian Pension Model 12.02.2015 | BSSB
Minimum Wage in the EU 07.08.2015 | BSSB
The EU. Nice plan, bad implementation 17.08.2017 | BSSB
- 1. Eurocrisis. Let`s count 1,2,3 19.01.2018
- Turkish Factor for Europe 19.01.2018
- 1. Keep your eyes opened in 2018 18.01.2018
- 2. A land where we live well and happily 18.01.2018
- Poland and the EU is a “lose-lose” situation 17.01.2018
- A land where we live well and happily 17.01.2018
- 2. Churchill and the bitter truth 16.01.2018
- 1. Churchill and the bitter truth 15.01.2018
- Lust&Sound in the EU 15.01.2018
- 2. Ukraine: a quasi-authoritarian kleptocracy 12.01.2018
- Will the South fight against the EU? 12.01.2018
- 1. Ukraine: a quasi-authoritarian kleptocracy 11.01.2018
- 2. Life in Transnistria is not all that bad 11.01.2018
- 4. What are the capitals dreaming of in 2018? 10.01.2018
- 1. Life in Transnistria is not all that bad 10.01.2018