1 – Moldova. Plahotniuc is not a saint
BSSB.BE publika.md 05.09.2016
Interview with the first deputy president of Democratic Party of Moldova (PDM), Vlad Plahotniuc, about the objective of his public activization, his political project, presidential elections, candidates and the role of the geopolitical factor in the elections. The interview was made for Timpul website.
– You have declared that you will not run for president, as prime-minister also will not try, but since a month ago, you are very active publicly. What are you preparing?
– There are so many myths around my persona, so that for some people normality has to have behind a lot of scenarios, plans and complex strategies. My political project is in plain sight and more clear than before, to ensure the stability in the country and to support the Government in all it does for the economic revival and the state reforming.
Some people may not understand why this objective is so important, but I assure you that it is a vital one for Moldova. After all these years of instability and fluctuations in the economic area, it is important for this subject to become a strategic concern. And I think that now, the peace in the country and the efficiency of the institutions is more important than each position and each candidacy.
– But do people have faith in the politicians’ projects?
– Not quite, but I understand them. Moldovan people are very disappointed in politics. For them were created great expectations during the years, after which they received big disappointments. We have the tendency to create fake idols and to give too much credit to so-called political heroes, who are wrapped in shiny wrappers until they get the votes, after which they do nothing.
But it is important for people to learn from these disappointments and to not let themselves being cheated on, to not be generous with politicians and to other future nation’s hero’s wannabes. I would tell people to not believe the words of politicians, not even me, to ask from everyone specific actions and results, and then to judge us based on what each of us did. And when politicians come with promises, to not listen to them, but to send them to work.
– I think that all politicians make promises, this is the way politics is done here. Did you ever make promises, and did not fulfill them?
– Mu understanding is that the people’s trust must be gained through actions and results, not through promises and speeches. I wouldn’t ever give my vote to a politician only for his words. Of course I have my sins. As a politician, as a businessman, as a simple man, and simple, I had my mistakes. I am not a saint.
None of the politicians are saints. Who will say that he is different, he is lying, he is cheating you. I am Moldovan with all our good and bad sides, I like to live my life avidly, including my work, sometimes of course I fail. But I have never come to people to make promises. I never cheated on people, in order to receive votes, the proof being the fact that I never was concerned to have a positive image.
– Then why are you giving this interview, why are you going public?
– I am going public because I have some duties to fulfill, and I will be active through my actions. What I want is very simple and normal, for people to know me how I am, and for this purpose I will change my way of talking, especially direct communication. My objective is not to have a better image, but a correct one, based on reality, not manipulations promoted by the group of convicted Topa or their candidate for the presidency.
– But you have to admit that the fight with Plahotniuc gets many votes…
– It is true, on this message even parties have been built, but the life of a party built on this can’t be long. Remember that Topa have spent millions in other anti-Plahotniuc parties, and now they have disappeared. If things would be so easy, I would also make one or more anti-Plahotniuc parties. I am joking of course, but I wanted to stress out this aspect. You cannot build a political party based on fights with an unreal enemy. It is true that you can receive some votes at that moment, but if later on you don’t have a good political project, people will not follow you.
– “Dignity and Truth” (DA) Party still has good results in polls, do you think it will fall as you say?
– Initially, DA Party has been presented as a civic movement, but it turned out to be a cynical one. The group of convicts Topa, who acted from behind, through manipulation, has managed to attract some public figures for the beginning, and then to attract people in a protest wanted for the solving of some real problems linked with people’s living.
Now I think that more and more persons see the real scenario behind this moving and the cynical motives of those who built it. Actually, they made another party of dirty interests, in which they put millions, and changed only the scheme. I hope that the DA Party will stay the way it is, only on the anti-Plahotniuc message, and what I say now should not surprise you. While it does not have a serious political project, this group is not a political competitor, it remains a fighting tool for the group of interests that created it.
Euroscepticism Geopolitics Nations History Society Persons Youtube
*Youtube – What We Don’t Know About Europe’s Muslim Kids and Why We Should Care. Aged 17, Deeyah fled from Norway confused, lost and torn between cultures. Unlike some young Muslims she picked up a camera instead of a gun. She now uses her camera (and her superpower) to shed light on the clash of cultures between Muslim parents who prioritise honour and their children’s desire for freedom. She argues that we need to understand what is happening to fight the pull to extremism.
*Youtube — What Hippocrates Knew and We Have Forgotten. Medical students hear about the Hippocratic Oath during the first days of medical school, but what does it actually state? Hippocrates was an ancient Greek physician who lived from 460 to 370 BC, so how relevant is his interpretation of medicine nowadays? Dr. John Patrick, a retired pediatrician and now a world-renown lecturer, explores these questions further.
*Youtube – Medieval Apocalypse The Black Death National Geographic History channel HD Documentary.
Moldova’s self-serving elite 15.06.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. When predictions come true 15.04.2016 | BSSB
Moldova in Context of presidential elections... 16.08.2016 | BSSB
1 – Moldova. Frustrated, lost in Electoral Polarization... 10.11.2016 | BSSB
Dodon about Lupu’s withdrawal 01.11.2016 | BSSB
2 – Moldova: A Borderland‘s Fluid History... 20.09.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. The tragic-comedy “single candidate»... 17.10.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. Mayor mandates 17.06.2015 | BSSB
The euro is in greater peril today than at the height of the crisis.... 03.12.2014 | BSSB
1 – Moldova. Politicians And Experts are pessimistic... 03.08.2016 | BSSB
1.Moldova: in the grey zone of Europe 13.03.2018 | BSSB
Moldova. Parliamentary elections in the Republic of Moldova – 30.11.2014. Brie... 01.12.2014 | BSSB
- 1. Ukraine: a pretty grim picture 25.05.2018
- Outsider for Italy 25.05.2018
- East-European Bridge 24.05.2018
- One of the oldest videos ever 24.05.2018
- Eastern Europe Vs. Western Europe 23.05.2018
- 1. Slovenia: Basic Forward, Basic Back 23.05.2018
- Sea Power 22.05.2018
- Eastern Europe 25 Years 22.05.2018
- Reflecting on where the EU came from 21.05.2018
- 1. East European Bridge 21.05.2018
- The Balkans and the magnetic poles around 18.05.2018
- Meanwhile in Moldova 18.05.2018
- The “unionization” of debt 17.05.2018
- Chomsky on an urgent question 17.05.2018
- About the Future of Europe 16.05.2018