1 – Moldova. Plahotniuc is not a saint
BSSB.BE publika.md 05.09.2016
Interview with the first deputy president of Democratic Party of Moldova (PDM), Vlad Plahotniuc, about the objective of his public activization, his political project, presidential elections, candidates and the role of the geopolitical factor in the elections. The interview was made for Timpul website.
– You have declared that you will not run for president, as prime-minister also will not try, but since a month ago, you are very active publicly. What are you preparing?
– There are so many myths around my persona, so that for some people normality has to have behind a lot of scenarios, plans and complex strategies. My political project is in plain sight and more clear than before, to ensure the stability in the country and to support the Government in all it does for the economic revival and the state reforming.
Some people may not understand why this objective is so important, but I assure you that it is a vital one for Moldova. After all these years of instability and fluctuations in the economic area, it is important for this subject to become a strategic concern. And I think that now, the peace in the country and the efficiency of the institutions is more important than each position and each candidacy.
– But do people have faith in the politicians’ projects?
– Not quite, but I understand them. Moldovan people are very disappointed in politics. For them were created great expectations during the years, after which they received big disappointments. We have the tendency to create fake idols and to give too much credit to so-called political heroes, who are wrapped in shiny wrappers until they get the votes, after which they do nothing.
But it is important for people to learn from these disappointments and to not let themselves being cheated on, to not be generous with politicians and to other future nation’s hero’s wannabes. I would tell people to not believe the words of politicians, not even me, to ask from everyone specific actions and results, and then to judge us based on what each of us did. And when politicians come with promises, to not listen to them, but to send them to work.
– I think that all politicians make promises, this is the way politics is done here. Did you ever make promises, and did not fulfill them?
– Mu understanding is that the people’s trust must be gained through actions and results, not through promises and speeches. I wouldn’t ever give my vote to a politician only for his words. Of course I have my sins. As a politician, as a businessman, as a simple man, and simple, I had my mistakes. I am not a saint.
None of the politicians are saints. Who will say that he is different, he is lying, he is cheating you. I am Moldovan with all our good and bad sides, I like to live my life avidly, including my work, sometimes of course I fail. But I have never come to people to make promises. I never cheated on people, in order to receive votes, the proof being the fact that I never was concerned to have a positive image.
– Then why are you giving this interview, why are you going public?
– I am going public because I have some duties to fulfill, and I will be active through my actions. What I want is very simple and normal, for people to know me how I am, and for this purpose I will change my way of talking, especially direct communication. My objective is not to have a better image, but a correct one, based on reality, not manipulations promoted by the group of convicted Topa or their candidate for the presidency.
– But you have to admit that the fight with Plahotniuc gets many votes…
– It is true, on this message even parties have been built, but the life of a party built on this can’t be long. Remember that Topa have spent millions in other anti-Plahotniuc parties, and now they have disappeared. If things would be so easy, I would also make one or more anti-Plahotniuc parties. I am joking of course, but I wanted to stress out this aspect. You cannot build a political party based on fights with an unreal enemy. It is true that you can receive some votes at that moment, but if later on you don’t have a good political project, people will not follow you.
– “Dignity and Truth” (DA) Party still has good results in polls, do you think it will fall as you say?
– Initially, DA Party has been presented as a civic movement, but it turned out to be a cynical one. The group of convicts Topa, who acted from behind, through manipulation, has managed to attract some public figures for the beginning, and then to attract people in a protest wanted for the solving of some real problems linked with people’s living.
Now I think that more and more persons see the real scenario behind this moving and the cynical motives of those who built it. Actually, they made another party of dirty interests, in which they put millions, and changed only the scheme. I hope that the DA Party will stay the way it is, only on the anti-Plahotniuc message, and what I say now should not surprise you. While it does not have a serious political project, this group is not a political competitor, it remains a fighting tool for the group of interests that created it.
Euroscepticism Geopolitics Nations History Society Persons Youtube
*Youtube – What We Don’t Know About Europe’s Muslim Kids and Why We Should Care. Aged 17, Deeyah fled from Norway confused, lost and torn between cultures. Unlike some young Muslims she picked up a camera instead of a gun. She now uses her camera (and her superpower) to shed light on the clash of cultures between Muslim parents who prioritise honour and their children’s desire for freedom. She argues that we need to understand what is happening to fight the pull to extremism.
*Youtube — What Hippocrates Knew and We Have Forgotten. Medical students hear about the Hippocratic Oath during the first days of medical school, but what does it actually state? Hippocrates was an ancient Greek physician who lived from 460 to 370 BC, so how relevant is his interpretation of medicine nowadays? Dr. John Patrick, a retired pediatrician and now a world-renown lecturer, explores these questions further.
*Youtube – Medieval Apocalypse The Black Death National Geographic History channel HD Documentary.
All eyes on Moldova 10.10.2016 | BSSB
The change of power in Transnistria 31.08.2016 | BSSB
Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova. Who needs them in EU?... 15.10.2014 | BSSB
All eyes on Chisinau 25.01.2016 | BSSB
Romania buys Moldova’s trust 09.05.2016 | BSSB
Moldovans about elections. In parties we trust... 07.10.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. Analytics. How International Media Feeds Political Crisis in Moldova... 09.11.2015 | BSSB
Moldova becomes «mixed» 22.05.2017 | BSSB
Elections in Moldova. Final results 01.11.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. Analytics. Who can take advantages?... 11.11.2015 | BSSB
2 – Moldova’s star: shining or falling?... 15.09.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. No confidence in vote 04.10.2016 | BSSB
Germans fear big challenges, they’ll support Merkel at 2017 elections’ – geopolitics expert
When is the German election 2017? Will Angela Merkel LOSE power?
Be unique. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” Mark Twain
How Western Capital Colonized Eastern Europe. Western investment plays such an important role in economies of all these countries that nationalist politicians make their countries look more like truculent colonies than partners in a grand integration project. bloomberg.com
The unexpected turn of #SaakashviliSunday. We want to go home. Abandoning the train, Saakashvili and his entourage made a 30-minute drive to the popular border crossing at Medyka-Shehyni. The crossing was closed immediately after Saakashvili left the Polish side. neweasterneurope.eu
- 1. As the old Market Church bells tolled 19.09.2017
- Sound smart during German election season 18.09.2017
- 2. The Elections Matter Not Just for Germany 15.09.2017
- 2 – Germany: re-election instead of election 15.09.2017
- 1. The Elections Matter Not Just for Germany 14.09.2017
- 1. Willing to put Merkel back in charge 14.09.2017
- German elections. What to expect after? 13.09.2017
- Merkel. Bundeselections seldom inspire 13.09.2017
- Ukraine. Crosses the border and closes the gap 12.09.2017
- 2. Merkel is to end the EU 12.09.2017
- 1. Merkel is to end the EU 11.09.2017
- Merkel’s Germany. Politics-as-pandemonium 11.09.2017
- 2. Merkel’s election in Germany: kind of a failure 08.09.2017
- Eastern Europe about the EU 08.09.2017
- 1. Merkel’s election in Germany: kind of a failure 07.09.2017