Moldova. A state subordinated to “Plaha”
BSSB.BE jurnal.md 20.09.2016
The presidential elections that will take place this autumn in the Republic of Moldova are crucial for the European destiny of the Moldovan state, because the next president will be elected through the direct vote of the Moldovan citizens and will not be the fruit of the games from the backstage of the Parliament from Chişinău.
- The electoral campaign for the presidential elections will be marked most probably by the confrontation between the Party of Socialists of the Republic of Moldova, Igor Dodon, and Plaha’s man, the President of the Democratic Party of Moldova, Marian Lupu, and the Moldovan electors will be put in front of an election of the smallest evil: the approach to Putinist Russia or the continuation of the European path through the prism of the man controlled by the “silent oligarch”.
- Until this denouement, Plahotniuc demonstrated that he has the ability to easily swing between Russia and the USA, so that he to have an open road in controlling the whole state apparatus of Moldova.
- According to the Ziarul de Gardă journalists, at its 25th anniversary, in the R. of Moldova, “two of the most important positions in state are occupied by the representatives of one single political party (Democratic Party – PD), and the persons appointed in these positions on political criteria are subordinated to Vladimir Plahotniuc, who is the PD First Vice President”.
“The party led by him holds today directly 9 of the most important ministries from the Government, and the alliance that voted the Government, created and coordinated by Plahotniuc, comprises a majority formed of 60 MPs, that holds the leadership of 6 from those 9 parliamentary committees.
The Premier and the President of the Parliament are also PD representatives, the last one being the godson of the PD First Vice President, Vladimir Plahotniuc. And the ramifications go below, including at the level of heads of agencies, district presidents or mayors, where the PD owns the majority”, write the journalists of the Ziarul de Gardă from Chişinău, according to the Jurnal.md.
- In this context, it is hard to believe that Plahotniuc through the leverages which he owns in the Moldovan state will not impose his man designated by the PDM: Marian Lupu in the position of president of the Republic of Moldova or will not negotiate in situation of force majeure an underground alliance with the candidate of the PSRM, Igor Dodon.
- From the political point of view, the Government led by Pavel Filip (the secret man of Plaha) has proved until now its inefficiency on the economic, as well as political, plan because it has missed the loan offered by the IMF and the EU.
- Thus, it will be a heavy millstone on Marian Lupu’s back while fighting in the presidential elections from Chişinău because the pro-European politicians image is marked by corruption (theft from the BEM) and games on the backstage, and the economy collapses from month to month.
“The transports, that represent the most clear indication of the economic evolution of a country, continues to report indexes in decrease. The amount of transported goods by the Moldovan enterprises reduced with 9,4% in the first quarter. The situation from the “Calea Ferată a Moldovei” (Railways of Moldova) can be considered disastrous, the amount of goods transported by it decreasing with 30%”, shows the eco.md.
Also, according to a release issued by the National Bureau of Statistics representatives, although in June 2016 the enterprises of railway, auto, fluvial and air transport transported with 2,2% more goods in comparison with May, more due to the seasonal factors, in comparison with June, 2015, it decreased with 9,4%.
In this context, Plahotniuc’s men start, with a severe handicap, the race for presidential elections, even if the oligarch has removed on the forefront Marian Lupu. On what will Lupu base in the electoral confrontation with Dodon, if the PDM government is a fail? The answer to this question is not difficult:
- on Plahotniuc himself, as chief puppeteer on the political stage from Chişinău. In his turn, Igor Dodon, will focus most probably in his campaign on the exploitation of the imagology of the theft from the BEM and implicitly of the pro-European politicians involved in the operation to gain electorate dissatisfied with the economic situation and the unfolding of the investigation that condemned in the first instance just one single politician: the former president of the Liberal Democratic Party of Moldova, Vlad Filat.
- In the electoral fight between those two upper-mentioned candidates could impose itself a third candidate that, without too many leverages behind, could centre on the topic of disinfestation of the Moldovan state from “Plaha’s men”.
- It could be Maia Sandu or Andrei Năstase. Until such denouement, Plahotniuc and the people subordinated to his system could be discreetly removed from the stage by the USA, that allegedly investigate the underground involvements surrounding the banking heist from the Republic of Moldova.
“It is an ongoing investigation, at which participate different parts and officers of the US Government, which refers to various aspects of the money laundry in the RM. This investigation lasts for some time. When the Lieutenant-colonel Mikhail Gofman appeared in Washington, he started his collaboration with the US Government and during this collaboration certain names came out on the surface.
Some of these names were already part of the investigation, to them new ones were added. At this investigation participate very professional investigators, with much experience, and in the case in which certain proofs will be found, they will continue to investigate them. Mr. Gofman says that Mr. Plahotniuc is part of this effort that was applied in Moldova to use improperly the banking system. As I understand, the US Government takes into account his suppositions and what he invokes very seriously”, declared Ariel Cohen, Senior Researcher at the US Atlantic Council, at the talk show “Cabinetul din Umbră” from the Jurnal TV.
According to Cohen, the USA could issue arrest warranty in several months on the behalf of Plaha.
“I do not know how long will last the preparation of all results of the investigation and the accusation. If there are proofs that the crime has been produced, the bodies from the USA will issue anything will be necessary, arrest warranty, invitation for interrogation, order through the Interpol, it depends on what will be stated and it depends on whether the suspect will cooperate. The suspect is treated differently, depending on his behaviour. If he runs or shirks, obviously he is treated differently” , told the American analyst, according to the Jurnal.md.
In his turn, Plahotniuc does not seem to be concerned about his future and poses in the virtual space, on social networks, as a good oligarch and attentive philanthropist who supports the artistic talents over the Prut. Also, Plaha has behind him one more reliable ally that is not Dodon or Russia, but his media empire through which he manipulates day by day the Moldovan public.
According to an documentary launched in Chişinău, “after the changing of the government in 2009, the mass-media market suffered significant changes. If till then there were two-three television posts, after the so expected change the media market from the country was giving signs of recovery and development. New news channels appeared, being created the impression that finally, in Moldova, we will have a free and correct information space.
Today, over 80 percent of mass-media from the country is controlled by the oligarch, and four television posts with national coverage belong officially to him. It is about Prime, Canal 2, Canal 3 and Publika TV. If someone thinks that these television posts have been created from zero, with investments and hard work, to grow them, he is wrong”.
Euroscepticism Geopolitics Nations History Society Persons Youtube
*Youtube – 12 Questions for Woody Allen . Filmmaker Robert Weide, seen quizzing Woody in this clip, followed the notoriously private film legend for over a year to create the ultimate film biography. Iconic writer, director, actor, comedian, and musician Woody Allen allows his life and creative process to be documented on-camera for the first time. Order now on DVD and get in time for the Holidays
*Youtube – Poetry Reading Michael Longley October 15, 2013 . Poetry reading at CGS, Boston University
*Youtube – crisis of society – freedoms luxury. crisis of society was a harcore punk band from the south of holland, this 7″ was their second release.
Has Moldova a chance to make it through? 18.05.2017 | BSSB
1 – Moldova Torn between Past and Future 14.11.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. Dodon «Idu Na Vy!» 01.11.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. This autumn will be extremely hot... 12.08.2016 | BSSB
1. Ukraine: a pretty grim picture 25.05.2018 | BSSB
Moldova speaks up it’s mind 17.10.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. Run, Dodon, run! 20.10.2016 | BSSB
Moldova’s Big Dream is falling to pieces 30.08.2016 | BSSB
Power and Responsibilities 16.09.2015 | BSSB
Vox Populi – Presidential election? 13.10.2016 | BSSB
1 – Transnistria. Between real and imitation democracy... 03.11.2015 | BSSB
Moldova. Dodon is the wisest solution 11.10.2016 | BSSB
- 2. INEVITABLE Collapse of Moldova 16.11.2018
- ”Race, Nation, Class“ 30 years on 16.11.2018
- Greta Garbo syndrome 15.11.2018
- The times they are a changing 15.11.2018
- Orban against «euro blah-blah» 14.11.2018
- Measuring the Influence of Think Tanks 14.11.2018
- Post-midterm spasms 13.11.2018
- 1. INEVITABLE Collapse of Moldova 13.11.2018
- 2. Eastern approaches diverge the EU 09.11.2018
- 1. Elections: The acolytes of oligarch Plahotniuc 09.11.2018
- No-Deal Brexit Planning! 09.11.2018
- Alarm! We are shrinking 08.11.2018
- Chomsky says very straightforward 08.11.2018
- Midterm elections: showtime 07.11.2018
- 1. Eastern approaches diverge the EU 07.11.2018