Moldova. Pro-European means dependent
BSSB.BE deschide.md 11.11.2016
President Klaus Iohannis said on Wednesday that a union with Moldova is possible, but not in the near future. “A union with Bessarabia is possible, but at the same time I do not think that it is possible in the near future,” the president said at the debate “Politics: From Theory to Practice,” held at BCU.
He pointed out that three conditions must be met for the unification with Moldova.
“Romanians to want it, the people of Moldova to want it, neither Romania nor Moldova must no longer have disputes on their territory that are under international jurisdiction,” said Iohannis.
The head of state said that if these conditions are met, “it is likely that such a process will start and will be followed by success.”
“Without the minimum conditions it stays a nice goal and not a political project,” added Iohannis.
He claimed that unionist movements grew away Moldovans from Romania.
“There were many movements, I too have called quasi-unionist, which claimed that want to help the unification, but in reality we now see, at elections, that many of them and many actions did nothing else than send away Moldovans from Romania, have only served to annoy the Moldovans.
Here we must consider the economic side, said a Moldovan politician in a discussion we had, due to the policy of association with the EU and the economic situation happens that many Moldovans who work in the area of Russia get home after becoming unemployed.
They get home and wait to find a job, find opportunities, but we here have contributed very little,” added the head of state.
He reminded that Romania and Moldova have a very special relationship, but pointed out that our country has helped people many times.
“We analyzed together with those who know what happened in the relationship between Romania and Moldova in 90s onwards, what was done well, what was done wrong. We concluded that our intervention in Moldova was at least ineffective, to not use other words, because some politicians say that I do not appreciate their work. (…)
Very often, instead of helping Moldova, institutions, parties, we helped people in Moldova, and sometimes those people had good results, but sometimes they led some ridiculous political projects. We concluded that we must change things.
It is wrong to help some people and it is important to help organizations, institutions. It does not make sense to help a person or group to obtain something that maybe for Moldovans is not relevant, but for us it is,” said Iohannis.
Opponents of Moldova’s reunification with neighboring Romania will launch mass protests in the capital Chisinau in the near future, the leader of the Party of Socialists Igor Dodon declared.
The politician, whose party has a major faction controlling a quarter of seats in the parliament, commented on reports that an informal parliament, the Council of the Country 2, was set up on Sunday in Chisinau in order to draw up a program of reunification with Romania.
“We have declared a nationwide mobilization against unionists [supporters of Moldova’s unification with Romania] who have planned an unprecedented attempt on the Moldovan statehood. In the coming weeks, we will hold the most massive rally in Chisinau in support of statehood and sovereignty of Moldova,” Dodon said.
Ahead of the rally in the capital, protests will take place in the country’s regions, including in Gagauzia on April 2. Under the constitution, this autonomous region has the right to secede from Moldova in case of its reunification with Romania, he said. The head of Gagauzia, Irina Vlah, earlier told reporters about the upcoming protest.
The people’s movement ” Let us Save Moldova!”, that unites public organizations from over 20 regions of the republic, urges Moldovan citizens to be responsible at the upcoming vote on November 13 and give the voice for a candidate who supports the strengthening of the Moldovan statehood, sovereignty, neutrality and integrity, i.e. for Igor Dodon.
- “We appeal to the retired officers of force structures of the Republic of Moldova with an appeal to consolidate their forces and to do everything possible to prevent Maia Sandu to get the highest public position as the pro-Western protégé. She is a real threat to national security and can put the last point to the existence of the Moldovan state” – is said in the statement.
- “Sandu is not hiding her pro-Romanian sentiment, her destructive action when she was Minister of Education, aimed at the destruction of the educational system of Moldova, her anti-Christian initiatives and statements showed who she really was. And one can only imagine what will happen to the centuries-old Moldovan state that at the cost of life was kept for us by our ancestors, if this West protégé takes the highest post,”- representatives of the people’s movement note.
Conflicts Eurosceptocism Geopolitics Economy Nations EU Parties Persons Youtube
*YOUTUBE – Symbolism in Logos – Documentary [Research Flat Earth]. This episode was filmed in Bath and Bristol, England featuring special guests such as Michael Tsarion, Neil Hague, Ralph Ellis, Leo Rutherford, Neil Kramer, Dan Tatman and Peter Taylor. We also interview a priest, university students, teachers and of course a couple random pub interviews. We begin the show discussing the symbolism of two major corporations, Starbucks and Apple. What is really being said in logos?”
*YOUTUBE – Christianity Debunked Using Science and History Richard Carrier.
Moldova. Polls: Who will win? 23.09.2016 | BSSB
Presidential campaign starts in Moldova 02.09.2016 | BSSB
1 – Moldova Torn between Past and Future 14.11.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. Shake the regime 09.09.2016 | BSSB
Ukraine’s hot autumn 18.09.2015 | BSSB
1 – Transnistria’s calling. A bluff in troubled times... 20.09.2016 | BSSB
1 – Moldova. Life is Less Joyous… 18.04.2016 | BSSB
1 – Moldova. “False choice” between two evils... 09.11.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. The 22nd place in the world 15.12.2015 | BSSB
2. The Eastern Partnership alternative to the EU... 18.08.2017 | BSSB
4 – What do You know about Moldova? 13.10.2016 | BSSB
1 – Moldova. On unionism and (geo)politics... 20.10.2016 | BSSB
- Moldova is to play the second round 14.12.2018
- The Real Brexit Debate 14.12.2018
- Life without Frau M. 13.12.2018
- Friedman on “anti-European” sentiments 12.12.2018
- Brexit in a Zugzwang 12.12.2018
- A tale of wilful misunderstanding 11.12.2018
- Destroying European Union 06.12.2018
- Chomsky on Mass Media Obsession 06.12.2018
- G 20: it is all about turning heads 05.12.2018
- Is Capitalism Obsolete? 05.12.2018
- 2. Buenos dias, G-20 Summit in Buenos Aires 05.12.2018
- Maia Sandu and her “Buffer Zones” 04.12.2018
- Difficulties of accomplishing the G20 04.12.2018
- 2.NASTASE: the secret of EU`s decline 03.12.2018
- Future without Merkel 30.11.2018