* How do maps shape geopolitical reality? Has technology really defeated geography? Find the answers with Robert D. Kaplan geopolitical thinker, bestselling author on travel and global politics and senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security.
* “If people bring so much courage to this world the world has to kill them to break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” ― Ernest Hemingway
* Over the last several decades, a broad alliance of big parties has called the shots in the EU. Politicians from the mainstream center-right and center-left parties have held a comfortable majority in the EU’s principal institutions, including the European Parliament (EP), European Council, and European Commission.
* “Chronic remorse, as all the moralists are agreed, is a most undesirable sentiment. If you have behaved badly, repent, make what amends you can and address yourself to the task of behaving better next time. On no account brood over your wrongdoing. Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean.” ― Aldous Huxle
* The Western world is at its apex and begins to slowly disintegrate. This is also the case for its academia, where the search for knowledge has been replaced by conformity to the ideas of egalitarianism. The damage done to science is not visible to the full extent yet, but it will eventually ruin the reputation of the Western scientific standards.