Media lynching a la Plahotniuc
BSSB.BE jurnal.md/ 14.06.2016
* Vlad Plahotniuc: Moldova’s man in the shadows. People who have had dealings with Plahotniuc prefer not to talk about him, even under conditions of anonymity.
The Platform Dignity and Truth is supposed to unprecedented media lynching from Plahotniuc’s media holding. The affiliated media publishes manipulative information that violates the honor and dignity of the party leaders, members and sympathizers, is shown in a declaration launched by the Platform Dignity and Truth representatives.
“In recent times, after the listing of the Platform Dignity and Truth in the opinion polls as leader among the parties of democratic orientation, it is supposed to unprecedented lynching of the propaganda holding of the oligarch Plahotniuc, financed from the billions stolen from the citizens.
The method invented by this machinery is, through a so-called website, to produce and take all kinds of false, invented, manipulative and offending information that violates the honor and the dignity of the party leaders and of all its members and sympathizers and spread through those 10 broadcasters with national coverage of the so-called executive coordinator of the mafia from the Republic of Moldova, who has captured the whole state”, is noted in the declaration.
“The behavior of the ones who have launched this so-called website is suburban, indecent and does not represent the actions of a mass-media means. They appear at the PDA press conferences with the purpose to confuse and overturn the communication with the free press, the informing of the national and international public opinion about the effects of the theft of the billions, the seizure of the rule of law, the unprecedented exodus of the people, the social genocide to which are supposed the citizens of the country, the strangulation of the democratic press and opposition, the files’ fabrication, the arrest of the political detainees and their obligation to perjury and other crimes of the dictatorial regime”, say the Platform members.
According to the Platform DA representatives, on June 12, in Cimişlia, where the Platform Dignity and Truth had an action of political character, took place a similar case:
- “Although he was not aggressed by any of the Platform leaders, a journalist acted a show, performing somersaults and other tricks, pretending that he is kicked, all this happening in front of cameras that demonstrate the contrary.
- In fact, he was the one who provoked and aggressed the participants to the meeting, the target being the Platform Dignity and Truth leader.
- Not being touched by anybody, the individual who has nothing in common with press and with the activity of journalist, like in a veritable show, was throwing himself on the ground, was shouting and was preparing his film for being broadcast by the oligarchic holding”.
In these conditions, the Platform DA representatives appeal to the legal institutions: “We address to the state institutions that activate in the legal area to take action against the permanent harassment of the Platform Dignity and Truth leadership, to provide the proper conduct of the party actions and the participants’ security at the protests”.
“But we do not accept the constant harassment and denigration committed by Plahotniuc’s propagandists and on this way we ask the media organizations to intervene and take actions against this unprecedented lynching in the Republic of Moldova history. We appeal to the opinion makers, political commentators, experts, opinion journalists to abstain from the collaboration with the media insinuations of the oligarch Plahotniuc. Today, we are the target. Tomorrow, for sure can become anyone”, points the party members.
Geopolitics Euroscepticism Nations Conflicts Youtube
* Youtube – Geopolitical prognosis for 2016 Part 1. In 2016, we will see the continuation of conflicts and rivalries in the Middle East. More countries will get entangled in the Syrian Civil War, but we will also see a reemerging Turkey. The Saudi-Iranian rivalry will reach new heights and Israel will have to rethink its geopolitical position. Further North in Russia, the low oil prices will force Moscow to push hard for economic reforms. Financial changes will also occur in Europe, where many nations will struggle with their economies, which in turn will inspire the rise of nationalism. However, there are also exceptions such as Switzerland, where are important referendum could trigger a financial revolution.
* Youtube – Compass Preview: June 2016 – As a preview to this month’s issue of Compass, Stratfor Managing Editor Cole Altom discusses the promise of agriculture in Russia and economic growth in Ivory Coast.
* Youtube – Christopher Hitchens on Intelligent Design, David Irving, and Gun Control (1996) – Intelligent design (ID) is a form of creationism promulgated by the Discovery Institute, a politically conservative think tank based in the U.S. The Institute defines it as the proposition that “certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.” It is a contemporary adaptation of the traditional teleological argument for the existence of God, presented by its advocates as “an evidence-based scientific theory about life’s origins” rather than “a religious-based idea”. All the leading proponents of intelligent design are associated with the Discovery Institute and believe the designer to be the Christian deity.