Moldova. Desire for Change
BSSB.BE iri.org 10.10.2016
Chișinău, Moldova—A newnationwide poll from Moldova released today by IRI demonstrates an ongoing desire for change and enthusiasm for the upcoming presidential election. The contest, scheduled for October 30, will be the first direct presidential election in the country since 1996.
“This survey shows that Moldovans are enormously dissatisfied with the status quo, particularly in relation to corruption and economic issues,” said Stephen Nix, IRI Regional Director, Eurasia. “The level of excitement over the election indicates that people are investing in this process and want to see change. Whatever the results, the next president will need to rebuild public confidence and address the problems driving the populations’ discontent.”
- According to IRI’s poll, 64 percent of Moldovans are “very likely” to vote in the upcoming presidential election, and 25 percent are “somewhat likely” to do so.
- This appears to be motivated by a strong desire for change: 78 percent expressed the view that Moldovan society needs serious structural and systemic reforms, and 82 percent think the country is going in the wrong direction.
- This sentiment aligns with the unpopularity of the current parliament (52 percent strongly disapprove; 22 percent somewhat disapprove) and the Filip government (42 percent strongly disapprove; 19 percent somewhat disapprove).
Corruption, cynicism towards the government, and frustration with lingering economic problems appear to be the main drivers of discontent. A staggering 89 percent of respondents cite corruption as a “very big issue” for the country, and 90 percent feel that the government only serves the interests of “some groups.” Sixty-five percent feel that the economic situation has worsened either somewhat (30 percent) or a lot (35 percent), and more than half of respondents identify financial problems as the most important challenge facing their household.
The survey was conducted by Baltic Surveys/The Gallup Organization on behalf of the International Republican Institute, with funding support from the National Endowment for Democracy. The field work was carried out by Magenta Consulting. Data was collected throughout Moldova (with the exception of Transnistria) between September 1 to 23, 2016 through face-to-face interviews at respondents’ homes.
The main sample consisted of 1,516 permanent residents of Moldova older than the age of 18 and eligible to vote. The survey also contained an oversample in the capital of Chisinau. It is representative of the general population by age, gender, education, region and size of the settlement. The margin of error does not exceed plus or minus 2.8 percent, and the response rate was 61 percent.
Euroscepticism Geopolitics Nations History Society Persons Youtube
*Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxN5CfuQyw – Woody Allen Documentary – American Masters – Full Length
*Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VqlbyTrXmg&t=2s – Kymatica – Mind Blowing Documentary About Society. Are you ready for your mind to be blown and enlightened? All of society’s evils stem from man’s self hate towards his own soul. A documentary for those with an open mind\
* Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flwMHcZeTpo – The Waiting Room Mind Blowing Documentary 2015 HQ Full. The Waiting Room is a documentary film and social media project directed by Peter Nicks that follows the life and times of patients, doctors, and staff at Highland .
Moldova. Presidential election goes to second round... 31.10.2016 | BSSB
Dodon’s victory speech 14.11.2016 | BSSB
2 – Moldova. Is there a chance for changing?... 13.09.2016 | BSSB
2 – Moldova’s Reorientation. Better not to try... 11.10.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. Embodiment of corruption and chaos... 19.08.2016 | BSSB
Presidential campaign starts in Moldova 02.09.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. Growth of socialists ranking can prevent the European course – Re... 25.11.2014 | BSSB
2 – Moldova. Look closer to the sky 31.03.2016 | BSSB
Moldova in Context of presidential elections... 16.08.2016 | BSSB
Why is October, 30, so important? 20.09.2016 | BSSB
Moldova. Disparity, hostility, drift to novelty... 15.11.2016 | BSSB
Plahotniuc. Let’s get this party started 09.06.2016 | BSSB
- CRUCIAL for EU 21.01.2019
- Is There a Form of Government We Can Trust? 21.01.2019
- 2. Shaping Europe’s Present and Future 18.01.2019
- 2. Divided at the centre 17.01.2019
- THE MACHINE, the ghost, and the limits of understanding 17.01.2019
- 1. Moldova: two and a half nations 16.01.2019
- Europe’s year of reckoning 16.01.2019
- 1. Divided at the centre 15.01.2019
- The Bad Guys Might Win 15.01.2019
- 1. Shaping Europe’s Present and Future 14.01.2019
- Eurotransition 14.01.2019
- State of Play Ahead of Moldova 11.01.2019
- On Global Civilization, Westernization and Values 11.01.2019
- 2. EAST-WEST DIVISION 10.01.2019
- Friedman`s correction on “The Next Hundred Years” 10.01.2019